You can send a print job from your phone or computer to a printer at Chanhassen, Chaska, Victoria, or Waconia Library. You don't have to be at the library. Printing costs $.15 per page black and white and $.50 per page color. Directions are below. You can pick up print jobs during our open hours.
- Install the PrinterOn app from your app store.
- Once the app is open, find our printers by keyword searching for the city name or search by zip code
- Chaska= 55318
- Victoria= 55386
- Waconia= 55387
- Chanhassen black and white: email@example.com
- Chanhassen color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaska black and white: email@example.com
- Chaska color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria black and white: email@example.com
- Victoria color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waconia black and white: email@example.com
- Waconia color: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chaska, Norwood Young America, Waconia and Watertown Libraries have wireless printing available for most Windows and select Mac OS laptops. Not all devices are compatible with the system, including anything running a home edition of OS. You must be in the library to do use wireless printing. The cost is $.15 per page black and white and $.50 per page color. Directions are below.
- Make sure you are connected to our wireless network, CarverCountyWifi.
- Find the your library location link below and download the print client.
- Click the "Run" button and the security prompts.
- After you run the program, you'll see a box pop-up for EnvisionWare LPT: One, this means it's installed.
- Click your print button and choose if you want black and white or color printing, then hit print.
- Select any name as a login name, you'll need this when you get to the print station. The cost of the print job will appear.
- After you agree to the cost, your print job is sent over to the print station, where you log in and pay for your job.
When you're done printing the software is automatically removed from your computer automatically. You'll need to reinstall it to print again.
Please note that the library is not responsible for losses and/or damage to personal equipment, software, data files, or personal information by the use of the library’s wireless network or by downloading and/or use of the wireless printing client.
Staff can't provide technical support for wireless printing, they're not allowed to configure, diagnose or modify a customer’s personal equipment to enable access to the wireless network or disable the filter on customer owned equipment.