Instructions for Wireless Printing
(Chanhassen, Chaska, Norwood Young America, Waconia, and Watertown Libraries)
- Wireless printing will work with Mac and PC operating systems only. If you have a device with a compatible OS, make sure you are connected to the wireless network named "Carver Public Wifi."
- Find the your library location link below and download the print client to your laptop from our library WiFi. (Click “Run,” override any security prompts.)
- Chanhassen Wireless Printing Link
- Chaska Wireless Printing Link
- Norwood Young America Wireless Printing Link
- Waconia Wireless Printing Link
- Watertown Wireless Printing Link
- After you run the program, you will see a box pop-up which says “EnvisionWare LPT: One”. This means that you are now connected to the program which will allow you to print wirelessly.
- When you are ready to print, simply click your print button, then select the either Black and White or Color, and hit the “Print” button.
- You will be asked to provide a login name. Any name will do. You will then be told how much your job will cost.
- Once you agree, your job will be sent to the Print Release Station. Enter the same login name you used to create your print job, and pay, then print.
You can stop the EnvisionWare LPT: One print client at any time. Leave the client running to send multiple jobs to the printer during your stay at the library. When you are finished printing the software is removed from your computer automatically. You will need to download the print client each time you visit the library.
Wireless Printing Policies
- The Library is not responsible for losses and/or damage to personal equipment, software, data files or personal information by the use of the library’s wireless network or by downloading and/or use of the wireless printing client.
- The Library cannot guarantee that your equipment or software will be compatible with the library’s wireless network or wireless printing client. No "Home Editions" of any OS are supported.
- The Library will provide configuration specifications about its wireless network for customer access but does not provide technical support for individuals using their own equipment. Library staff is not allowed to configure, diagnose or modify a customer’s personal equipment to enable access to the wireless network. Library staff is not allowed to disable the filter on customer owned equipment.
Instructions for Mobile Printing
- Visit your device's App Store
- Install the PrintOn app
- Open the PrintOn app
- Click on "No Printer Selected"
- Click on "Search" and enter 55386 (Victoria zip code) in the search box.
- Find CCL Victoria Library and choose "B&W" or "Color"
- Use an email address as your "Print ID"