The IRS is no longer supplying libraries with the full range of printed tax products, only forms and booklets for the 1040s. The state of Minnesota doesn't send any tax products to libraries, you have to call the state for them or print them (information below). Most tax products can be printed at the library for $.15 per black and white page.
We expect the IRS 1040 forms and instructions to arrive at the libraries in late January to early February.
Per the IRS, federal taxes are now due on July 15, 2020. More information on that is here.
- You can print off IRS forms, instructions, or publications on their website. Links to specific ones below.
- To request IRS forms by mail, call 1-800-829-3676 or order online.
- Business taxpayers can phone the number above number to order forms or request they be mailed. Select few are available online (not most of the 1090 series and W series), but not all are printable. Some business forms may be available for purchase at office supply stores.
- Some libraries will have a limited quantity of some popular business forms available when they arrive.
State of Minnesota Information
Per the State of Minnesota Department of Revenue, state taxes are now due on July 15, 2020. More information on that is here.
- You can print Minnesota tax forms and instructions off of their website. Links to specific ones are below.
- To request Minnesota tax forms by mail, call 651-296-3781 or 800-652-9094.
Free Tax Help
The AARP Foundation has suspended the Tax Aide program nationwide starting Monday, March 16. They will not be operating at any of our sites until further notice. We will update this information if/when we hear more.
For tax questions by phone, call the IRS or the Minnesota Department of Revenue (information above). The AARP Foundation Tax program has help online, including the ability to submit questions.