The IRS is no longer supplying libraries with the full range of printed tax products, only forms and booklets for the 1040s. The state of Minnesota doesn't send any tax products to libraries, you have to call the state for them or print them (information below). Most tax products can be printed at the library for $.15 per black and white page.
- You can print off IRS forms, instructions, or publications on their website. The 1040 form is here, and the instructions are here.
- To request IRS forms by mail, call 1-800-829-3676 or order online.
- Business taxpayers can phone the number above number to order forms or request they be mailed. Select few are available online (not most of the 1090 series and W series), but not all are printable. Some business forms may be available for purchase at office supply stores. None have been delivered to the library.
State of Minnesota Information
- You can print Minnesota tax forms and instructions off of their website.
- To request Minnesota tax forms by mail, call 651-296-3781 or 800-652-9094.
Free Tax Help
Appointments are not taken for this service. Assistance is on a first come, first served basis. A list of what you need to bring with you can be found here. For tax help locations outside of Carver County, check the Minnesota Department of Revenue or the IRS lists.
Chaska: Moravian Church, 115 4th Street E.
Mondays, February 18-April 15 from 9 am-12:30 pm
Chanhassen: Chanhassen Library, Wilder Room, 7711 Kerber Blvd.
Tuesdays, February 19-April 9 from 9 am-1 pm
Waconia: Faith Lutheran Church, Door 11, 800 Waconia Pkwy.
Wednesdays, February 20-April 10 from 9 am-1 pm
Watertown: City Hall, 309 Lewis Ave. S.
Thursdays, February 28 and March 28 from 9 am-2 pm