Summer Reading runs June 1 through August 15 and is for kids and teens ages birth to 18 years old. The program encourages kids to have fun and keep reading or listening all summer long. Join the fun by attending free programs at your library and earning prizes by completing reading and activity challenges online or on paper.
You can register through the Beanstack website to keep track of your reading and activities plus win prizes in the online version of our reading program from June 1st through the end of the program. You can register all family members under one account.
Rather use the paper forms? They are at the library and printable here:
More info about about Summer Reading and the revised prize structure is in our FAQ.We have all sorts of cool programs and activities at all of our libraries for kids and teens going on during Summer Reading. See the links below for specifics. Reminder: some things require registration, please register children individually. If you want a round-up of all activities in printable form, see our kids and teen brochures (also available at the library).
- All summer reading events
- All summer reading storytimes (including at Express Libraries)
- Chanhassen kids activities, teen activities
- Chaska kids activities, teen activities
- Norwood Young America kids activities, teen activities
- Waconia kids activities, teen activities
- Watertown kids activities, teen activities
- Victoria kids activities, teen activities
Thank you to our sponsors:
The Crayola Experience, KARE-11, MELSA, the Minnesota State Fair, the Minnesota Twins, and the Star Tribune.