2018 Carver County Nature Poetry Contest Information
Please note that the submission form will be open on June 14 and close on July 9.
- You can enter this contest if you are a Carver County resident, use a Carver County Library, or visit or have visited Baylor Park.
- Prizes will be awarded in three age categories: kids 5-12, teens 13-18, and adults 19+.
- All poems entered must have a nature theme, have no more than 24 lines of content, and each line must be no more than 40 characters (including punctuation and spaces). Note: the poem title and author name do not count towards the content total.
- Poems should be submitted as a PDF or Word document.
- Anything not fitting the above guidelines will not be considered for signage.
- Fifteen submitted poems will be made into signs posted at Baylor Park in Norwood Young America. These signs will be installed at the park during the month of September 2018 and on weekends through October 20.
- Three entrants will win passes for Carver County Parks.
- All poetry entered will be posted on the website by Saturday, September 1.
Though not required, we’d recommend a visit to Baylor Park for inspiration if you like (all regular park fees apply). When the contest is live, the contest submission form will have a map component which allows you to specify the location that gave you poetic inspiration. If a poem that ends up on a sign has these coordinates, the poem will appear as close to that location as possible.
If you have any questions about this contest (including alternative means of entry), please contact Angela Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-227-7621).