Phone: 952 361-1564
The Law Library is located in the Lower Level of the Judicial Building in the Carver County Government Center and is open to the public. If you wish to speak with a Law Librarian, please contact Law Library Paralegal Elissa Bleess (phone 952 361-1564).
The Law Library has access to Lexis, with Minnesota legal information plus Supreme Court cases, USCS, Federal Court Rules, and Shepard’s Citator. This is only located at the Law Library, it is not available online.
Monday-Friday 8 AM-4:30 PM
- Volunteer Lawyers Network Metro-area Legal Advice Clinics: Listing of free regularly scheduled legal advice clinics for assistance with various areas of the law including bankruptcy, immigration, family, and housing court matters.
- Volunteer Lawyers Network- Free Phone Advice: Financially eligible clients in Carver, Hennepin, or Scott Counties may set up a free 20 minute phone consultation with a family law attorney.
- VLN Free Help with Answering a Summons and Complaint: Phone advice for help with answering a Civil Summons and Complaint. Must meet eligibility guidelines.
- Minnesota Court Forms: Numerous fill-in-the-blank court forms with instructions are available for those representing themselves in court including divorce, child support, child custody, parenting time, criminal expungement, name change, and conciliation court matters.
- State of Minnesota Self-Help Center Services: A Self-Help phone line and computer are available in the Law Library for phone assistance and online information regarding court forms, procedures, and legal resources You can also get help from the Self-Help Center by email or by phone at 651-259-3888 Monday- Friday, 8:30 AM-3:00 PM.
- LawHelpMN.org: General information about legal rights, the courts, and legal forms organized by subject.
- MLAO: Volunteer lawyers answer legal questions via an online form. Must financially qualify.
- Minnesota Court Records Search: Minnesota Court Information System (MNCIS) includes state district court and appellate case information for public viewing, including register of actions, calendars, and judgments, in criminal and civil matters. Please note: The courthouse public access terminals located in the Law Library provide the most complete access to electronic case records. Only courthouse terminals give users access to full-text documents. Printing fees are $10 per document. Certified documents are $16.
- Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Public Record Search: Public data maintained by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
- Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER): This electronic public access service allows users to obtain full-text case and docket information from Federal Appellate, District, and Bankruptcy courts. Electronic access is available by registering with the PACER Service Center.
Law Library Governance
The Carver County Law Library is established under Minnesota Statutes Chapter 134A. The governance of the Law Library is a three member board:
Honorable Kevin W. Eide, Judge, First Judicial District
Government Center, Justice Center Building
604 East 4th Street
Chaska Minnesota 55318
Commissioner Gayle O. Degler, Carver County Commissioner - 1 st District
1630 Lyman Boulevard
Chanhassen MN 55317
Mr. R. Lawrence Harris, Attorney
Main Street Exchange Building, Suite 200
121 Main Street West
Waconia MN 55387
Important Note: Carver County Library is not responsible for the content or accuracy of the information provided on external websites. The inclusion of a link does not constitute an endorsement by the library of that website.