This page was last updated 5/6
Due to COVID-19, we are currently not accepting volunteer applications.
Our volunteers make a huge difference by supporting library services and programs. If you enjoy libraries, books, learning new skills, and helping your community, we'll do our best to find the right volunteer job for your talent. We offer a wide variety of opportunities (and training).
We’re not accepting volunteer applications at this time.
Jessica Roschen is also the person to contact with volunteering questions (email, phone 952-227-7609).
Volunteer tasks may Include:
- Collection Help (adults and teens)
- Clean discs
- Find books people put on hold
- Get book drop and check them in
- Make sure DVDs, magazines, newspapers and more are in the right place on the shelf
- Move items
- Shelve items
- Homebound Delivery (adults): Delivery materials to patrons that are not able to make it in to the library.
- Internet Trainer (adults and teens): Help people fee more comfortable with computers and technology, including using the internet, our catalog, and email.
- Library Support (adults and teens): Dust bookshelves, restock public computers with pencils and paper, and more.
- Storytime (adults and teens): Make copies, help with setting up arts and craft projects, and more for storytimes.
Summer Reading Program (teens): Assist youth services librarian with special programs and events, including setting up, crowd control, and cleaning up.