Our volunteers make a huge difference by supporting library services and programs. If you enjoy libraries, books, learning new skills, and helping your community, we'll do our best to find the right volunteer job for your talent. We offer a wide variety of opportunities (and training).
Teen Volunteer Applications are now being accepted for Summer Reading Program. Deadline for Chanhassen is April 30, 2020. Other locations may extend the deadline depending on needs of each branch. Inquire within.
We’re not accepting volunteer applications for adults at this time.
To start the process, please fill in a copy of the volunteer application for Adults (if you're over 18) or Teens (ages 13-18). Drop it off at your library, or send it to the address below. We'll get back to you after we process your form.
Library Community Engagement Coordinator
Carver County Library Administration
4 City Hall Plaza
Chaska, MN 55318
Jessica is also the person to contact with volunteering questions (email, phone 952-227-7609).
Volunteer Tasks May Include:
- Collection Help (adults and teens)
- Clean discs
- Find books people put on hold
- Get book drop and check them in
- Make sure DVDs, magazines, newspapers and more are in the right place on the shelf
- Move items
- Shelve items
- Homebound Delivery (adults): Delivery materials to patrons that are not able to make it in to the library.
- Internet Trainer (adults and teens): Help people fee more comfortable with computers and technology, including using the internet, our catalog, and email.
- Library Support (adults and teens): Dust bookshelves, restock public computers with pencils and paper, and more.
- Storytime (adults and teens): Make copies, help with setting up arts and craft projects, and more for storytimes.
Summer Reading Program (teens): Assist youth services librarian with special programs and events, including setting up, crowd control, and cleaning up.