We welcome materials donations and appreciate our community’s generosity. Before you drop off items you plan to donate, please refer to our donation guidelines below.
Donations of books and other materials may be made directly to Carver County Library. Materials may be dropped off at your library during open hours, though it's always a good idea to call first just in case. The library will provide a receipt for tax purposes upon request, but it is your responsibility to determine the value of your donation.
Materials which meet certain criteria will be added to the library's collection. The remainder of materials will be assessed for condition and placed in the library book sales. The proceedings of the book sales go toward enhancing library materials and services.
Materials We Accept
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition
- Music CDs and books on CD in good condition
Materials We Don't Accept
- Books in bad condition
- CDs that are scratched or otherwise damaged or have broken cases
- DVDs that are scratched or otherwise damaged or have broken cases
- Software that is not included in a book as a CD or DVD
- VHS tapes
- Vinyl records
- Crossword books, workbooks, journals, or other books published specifically to be written in