The Carver County Library System is a service of Carver County government in collaboration with your local city government and the Library Board of Trustees.
Our mission is to best serve the Carver County community, the library will be a provider of resources, spaces, and experiences that enrich and empower people’s lives.
Our vision is to inspire intellectual curiosity, the joy of discovery, and facilitate lifelong learning.
Our Core Values
We are committed to quality library services that:
- Celebrate and reflect diversity in library collections, programs, services and staff.
- Draw from our county heritage while contributing to future generations.
- Forge partnerships with other community organizations.
- Invest in a well-trained staff in the belief that effective employees are essential to meet the informational needs of library users.
- Invest in technology and equipment to support community needs at various points of access.
- Offer a variety of warm, welcoming and inviting spaces for community activities.
- Promote the joy of reading and the development of a literate community.
- Protect intellectual freedom and provide a collection representing different points of view.