Wireless Printing at Carver County Libraries
The Library has wireless printing available for Windows and Mac laptops. You must be in the library to use the wireless print service.
Instructions for wireless printing*:
1. Make sure you are connected to the wireless network named "Carver Public Wifi".
2. Find the your library location link below and download the print client to your laptop from our library WiFi. (Click “Run”, override any security prompts)
3. After you run the program, you will see a box pop-up which says “EnvisionWare LPT:One”. This means that you are now connected to the program which will allow you to print wirelessly.
4. When you are ready to print, simply click your print button, then select the either Black and White or Color, and hit the “Print” button.
5. You will be asked to provide a login name. Any name will do. You will then be told how much your job will cost.
Once you agree, your job will be sent to the Print Release Station. There, you can enter the same login name you used to create your print job. Then simply pay and print!
You can stop the EnvisionWare LPT:One print client at any time. Leave the client running to send multiple jobs to the printer during your stay at the library. Be assured that the software does not remain on your computer – when you are finished printing, the software is removed. You will need to download the print client each time you visit the library.
*Please note that wireless printing is only available for PC and Mac operating systems at this time.
Wireless Printing Policies
The Library is not responsible for losses and/or damage to personal equipment, software, data files or personal information by the use of the library’s wireless network or by downloading and/or use of the wireless printing client.
The Library cannot guarantee that your equipment or software will be compatible with the library’s wireless network or wireless printing client.
The Library will provide configuration specifications about its wireless network for customer access but does not provide technical support for individuals using their own equipment. Library staff is not allowed to configure, diagnose or modify a customer’s personal equipment to enable access to the wireless network. Library staff is not allowed to disable the filter on customer owned equipment.
Please review the following policy
before using the library wireless internet and equipment.
- Windows 7 and Vista-Before you begin, you may need to change User Account Controls. Go Control Panel, search for “UAC” or find under “User Accounts”. Move the slider bar down to “Never Notify”. Reboot your computer.
- Check your firewall and antivirus software settings. Check that the firewall allows file and print sharing.
- You may need to have administrative privileges on your computer to use wireless printing.