To best serve the Carver County community, the library
will be a provider of resources, spaces, and experiences that enrich and empower
To inspire intellectual curiosity, the
joy of discovery, and facilitate lifelong learning.
OUR CORE VALUES
committed to quality library services that:
- Celebrate and reflect diversity in library collections, programs,
services and staff.
- Draw from our county heritage while contributing to future generations.
- Forge partnerships with other community organizations.
- Invest in a well-trained staff in the belief that effective employees are
essential to meet the informational needs of library users.
- Invest in technology and equipment to support community needs at various
points of access.
- Offer a variety of warm, welcoming and inviting spaces for community
- Promote the joy of reading and the development of a literate community.
- Protect intellectual freedom and provide a collection representing different
points of view.