We welcome materials donations and appreciate our community’s generosity.
Before you drop off items you plan to donate, please refer
to our Donation Guidelines below.
Donations of books and other materials may
be made directly to Carver County Library. Materials may be dropped off at
Chaska, Chanhassen, Waconia, Norwood Young America, or Watertown
open hours. The library will provide a receipt for tax purposes upon
request, but it is your responsibility to determine the value of your
Materials which meet certain criteria will be added to the library's
collection. The remainder of materials will be assessed for condition and
placed in the library book sales. The proceedings of the book sales go
toward enhancing library materials and services.
Please refer to the following guidelines when considering your
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition
- Music CDs and books on CD in good condition
- Books that are worn out, poorly bound, malodorous (smoke, etc.), dirty,
shabby, marked up, moldy, mutilated, with torn/taped/missing pages
- CDs that are scratched or otherwise damaged or have broken cases
- DVDs that are scratched or otherwise damaged or have broken cases
- Software that is not included in a book as a CD or DVD
- VHS tapes
- Vinyl records
- Crossword books, workbooks, journals, or other books published specifically
to be written in